Drawing Site Details
Details such as driveways, patios and sidewalks can be added to the drawing. To do
1. Select Draw → Site. Select one of the following: Driveway, Patio, or Sidewalk. The Drawing Grid
2. Place the cursor on the drawing
area where you want the site detail to start, and left click.
· You may press the esc key on your keyboard to cancel drawing the
3. Move the cursor in the direction
you want your site detail to extend, and left click.
4. Continue drawing continuous edge
segments, and left click after each.
As you trace the
· If the edge of the object is parallel to an edge of the drawing
surface, the placement line is displayed green.
· If the edge of the object is not parallel to the drawing surface,
the placement line is displayed red.
· When you want to connect the lines to enclose the object, a blue
line indicates where the final line connects to enclose the shape.
5. Complete the shape and left click.
The site detail will be rendered in 3D.
You may want to trace the entire shape of the site detail and ensure it is a closed shape.
The information box informs you when the shape is closed. See Figure 7.
The information box includes the following
· The length of the object’s side in units of feet and inches
· If the site detail is not perpendicular to the drawing surface,
the box indicates the angle away from perpendicular in increments of fifteen degrees.
· When the structure is a closed shape
You may also choose to trace an incomplete shape when you are drawing a site
detail. To do this:
1. Draw at least 2 sides of the site
detail in the same manner as described above.
2. Right click or double left click to
render the deck as a 3D image. The last edge of the site detail will be drawn as a straight edge from the last
left click to the starting position.