Adding Decks to Drawing
The deck feature of SoftPlan Studio allows you to
add custom designed deck to a building. Using this feature you can also add deck components such as stairs,
railings and benches. The use of Red Green and Blue Placement
lines applies to drawing decks and the components of decks.
To Draw a Deck
1. Select Draw → Deck → Deck. The Drawing Grid appears.
2. Trace the shape of your deck. To do this:
i. Place your cursor on the drawing area where you want the deck
to start, left click.
· You may press the esc key on your keyboard to cancel drawing the
ii. Move your cursor in the direction you want your deck to extend. Left
As you trace the deck:
· The corners of the deck are indicated by red vertical
· If the edge of the deck is parallel to the drawing surface, the
line is displayed green.
· If the edge of the deck is not parallel to the drawing surface,
the line is displayed red.
· When you want to connect the lines to enclose the deck, a blue
line indicates where the final line connects to enclose the shape.
want to trace the entire shape of the deck such that it is a closed shape. The information box informs you when
the shape is closed. See Figure 7.
information box includes the following information:
· The length of the deck side in units of feet and inches
· If the deck is not perpendicular to the drawing surface, the box
indicates the angle away from perpendicular, in increments of fifteen degrees.
· When the structure is a closed shape
iii. Complete the shape and left click. Once the shape
is enclosed the 3-D image of the deck is rendered.
You may also choose to trace an incomplete
shape when you are drawing a deck. To do this:
1. Draw at least 2 sides of the deck in the same manner as described
2. Right click or double left click to render the deck as a 3D image. The
last deck edge will be drawn as a straight edge from the last left click to the starting position.
Figure 7: Closed Shape